FINE QUALITY TRADITIONAL STYLE HAND-MARBLED PAPERS SINCE 1978. SEE CATALOG LINK BELOW OF MARBLED PAPERS AND WATERCOLOR & ACRYLIC MARBLING COLORS, TOOLS AND INSTRUCTION MANUALS
Thank you for visiting! I have dedicated over four decades of my life (since 1978) to marbling. My specialty is the reproduction of early marbled papers, particularly the ones from about 1800 - 1860. I consider this period to be the high point in the long history of marbling, just prior to the use of marbling machines during the Victorian era. To achieve these designs and colors, I make my own marbling colors using, where possible, the same pigments used during the period The papers, however, are not only limited to early designs. I do extensive work for small presses, decorators, framers and other craftspeople and will design and execute a paper of their choosing. Large orders are no problem, and paper prices are wholesale.
NOTE NEW PRICES AS OF 5/28/19 in catalog section. ALSO... as many know shipping rates are constantly changing, so I may approximate, but will in the end charge just shipping rates plus packaging cost.
Iris Nevins - Hand Marbled Paper - P.O.Box 429, Johnsonburg, NJ 07846, 908-813-8617, email@example.com
Some great news. my work is now part of the Paper Legacy Project, a permanent collection house in the Metropolitain Museum Of Art, in The Thomas J. Watson Library. It will be fully digitized and ready for view later this year!
SAMPLES OF PAPERS AND PATTERNS
These papers are representative of the styles that can be made. It would be impossible to show everything because I make many thousands of different papers, once the possibilities of pattern and color are multiplied. There is no particular "set stock". It is a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but it adds up to many hundreds of papers on the shelf, ready for immediate shipment. Custom orders can be made, as well, to your specifications. These samplings are only meant to be a guideline and to show some basic traditional marbling patterns. They can be made in any other color theme you wish.
1. NJ Ripple, 2. Stormont, 3. Tortoise Shell, 4. Gloster, 5. Bouquet, 6. Herringbone
7. Raked Across. 8. Fancy Combed Across, 9. French Curl. 10. Cockle, 11. Combed or Nonpariel, 12. French Shell 1
13. Red Nonpariel, 14. Antique Spot 1, 15. Spanish Over Combed Veins, 16. Freedom Comb, 17. Blue West End, 18. Peacock
IRIS NEVINS HAND MARBLED PAPER
19. Moire, 20, Double Spanish Moire, 21. French Shell 2, 22. Rainbow Spanish, 23. George Washington's Gloster, 24.Alternating Comb
25. Hair Vein or Italian, 26. Fancy Combed Upward, 27. Antique Spot 2, 28. Large Nonpareil With Spots, 29. Zebra 1. 30. Antique Spot 3
31. Spanish Over Shell Veins, 32. Grey French Shell, 33. Zebra 2, 34. Fancy Comb, 35. Antique Spot 4, 36. Combed French Curl
37. Large French Shell. 38. Red French Shell, 39. Antique Spot 5, 40. Green West End, 41. French Curl, 42. Blue Sunspot
44. Purple Sunspot, 45. Red Sunspot
These samples are not necessarily in stock. You may reference the pattern you like by name, then request whatever colors you like. The possibilities of combinations of colors and patterns run into the MANY THOUSANDS of possible papers, and it is impossible to show them all. If you are unfamiliar with the look of the real paper, it is a flat finish, not a glossy one.Monitor colors may vary, so the shades may be a little different from one screen to another.
Paypal accepted for credit card payments. You are not required to join. Please email us with the items you would like to order and an invoice will be emailed to you. You can then securely submit payment.